Sunday, May 25, 2014

Hitting the Weights


It’s been nearly a week since I’ve hopped back into working out and I’ve learned one thing: I will never go two weeks without doing some cardio ever again. Seriously. 

And since even running just a few sets of stairs leaves me heaving, I have put my focus into maintaining my strength through lifting. Here was today’s session, which makes for a full body workout

Repeat each set 3 times with needed rest in between. 

Set 1 (Back and Legs)
- Deadlifts (225 lbs x 10 reps)
- Squats (225 lbs x 10 reps)
- Lat Pull Down (150 lbs x 10 reps)
- Running Stairs (2 min)

Set 2 (Chest, Bicep, Tricep)
- Chest Press Drop Set (155 lbs x 7), (145 lbs x 7), (135 lbs x 7)
- Bicep Barbel Curls (65 lbs x 10)
- Tricep Extension (x10)

Set 3 (Shoulder, Chest, Traps)
- Shoulder Press Barbell (80 lbs x 10)
- Barbell Shoulder Shrugs (150 lbs x 15)
- Chest Fly (100 lbs x 10)

Set 4 (Core and Cardio)
- Ball Crunches (x20)
- Leg Raises with weighted ball (x10)
- Russian Twists (x10)
- Bike (1 min) 

Hopefully I won’t be too sore tomorrow for when I run my first 5K in two weeks. Wish me luck….

- Not-So-Big Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment